Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I lift up my eyes..."

What a glorious morning! Out of such power and destructive force, God shines forth! A mere three days ago Hurricane Gustav made land in Louisiana, unleashing wind, rain and tornadoes. But here I sit, three days past, relishing in a breathtaking sunrise masked by clouds and accompanied, as of a violin with a piano, by a cool and refreshing breeze. The mercury rests at 68 degrees (F), 20 (C), nigh the perfect temperature to me.

Last night, I had the blessing of soaking up the prelude to this daybreak as the wind blew and the clouds waved in preparation of the coming day's inaugural. And then the psalmist spoke (Psalm 121):

       I lift up my eyes to the hills--
              where does my help come from?
       My help comes from the LORD,
              the Maker of heaven and earth.

And as I start the car to pull into the parking garage (I just couldn't conceive writing this from within a building), Third Day is playing in the background -- "Yes, our God, He is a consuming fire!"

No comments:

Post a Comment