Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday: S'mores, French Vanilla, and Fun

Fridays have an aura all their own. The day is normal in the sense that, for the most part, a normal day's work is required to go home, and that work can easily entail woes equal to or surpassing other days of the week. Yet as we enter the day (or even approach it on Thursday night), we smile because, after all, it's Friday :). When the bell tolls and the day ends, it does not merely segue into another workday. Instead, it dawns a sort of mini-day that can stretch as long as the night lasts, because Saturday is flexible.

For me, the joy of Friday has its own tradition. It begins with S'mores Pop-tarts, heated in the microwave for a precise 18 seconds (yes, I know they are "toaster pastries", but I like them soft). While those are warming up, my mug docks with the Flavia vestibule and receives a filling of French Vanilla coffee. Together this dynamic duo accompanies me back to my desk where I engage the day, read e-mails, and think of fun, yet productive tasks to accomplish. Are there new technologies that we've been waiting to evaluate but not had time? Friday's the day. How about some workspace restructuring (add a little Feng Shui or maybe take it away)? Yep, we can do that. Any way you cut it, today's a great day.

To anyone reading, I hope yours is, too.
.:Be here now:.

No comments:

Post a Comment