Thursday, September 25, 2008

Break me

Father, I begged You to take my heart, but I didn't realize You would need to break it for that to happen. How it hurts! Yet, dear Father, I would ask that You break it again daily if it is the only way for me to cling desperately to You. I don't know where to turn, but You have shown me glimpses of doors I've overlooked in the past. You've called them to mind, made them as beacons in my mind, leaving me restless until I follow. Lord, be the lamp to my path and the light to my feet -- direct my way, grant me wisdom and understanding that I might worship You with every step. Give me an opportunity to be poured out as a drink offering for You! Let me hold nothing back. Great God and Father, hold me according to Your Word (Psalm 91), make my feet like hinds' feet that I might declare Your Word from high places (Psalm 18), and do not, I pray, give my heart a moment's peace until I surrender to Your call and ignite for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment