Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ponderings from Passion 2010

After watching Louie Giglio, Francis Chan, and the worship from Passion 2010 online, I'm drawn to a number of thoughts, many of which I don't yet have answers. Here are a few...

Louie Giglio speaking on Philippians 2:
Christ has given poured everything into us. Now work it out--for it is God who works in you to will and to act for His good pleasure. Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure... Somebody has to work that out and take on this idea, "I want to be like Jesus." We want to have the opportunity to be the ones who shine like stars...and to hold out the word of life.
Excerpt from a chat with a friend:
I know (or think?) there's a place for trivial entertainment to rest, etc. I just wonder whether I mistake wasted comforts and "seashells" (to draw from Piper's DWYL) for right/proper unwinding and resting. I so infrequently eat the spiritual food of things like deep books, sermons, etc that I think I don't taste them for the rest, enjoyment, and pleasure it can be.
Another thought surrounding this:
Where is the line between "unwise" and "radical"? Assuming we are called to live radical lives for Christ, such that the world asks "why?" and thinks us foolish for it, how do I apply that? I think I may place my comforts in an entitled place when I should wager them on the table for the sake of the Kingdom.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment