Monday, December 14, 2009

juliethecooli

The following words are from a girl by the name of Julie who has faithfully posted about her life, trials, and things the Lord teaches her for several years now on Xanga. I felt this one was particularly good as a heart cry I want to embrace as my own.

juliethecooli (12/13/2009):
Today I attended a funeral. I understand bits and pieces of the service since it was mostly in Mandarin. It struck me as pictures flash across the screen, that was it... she was once living and now she's gone. I didn't even know her but looking at her young self in old pictures and see her gradually age and then seeing her grieving family and hearing their eulogies about memories of her... it overwhelmed me with emotions. I kept on thinking, this is life... this is life...

It's interesting how the concept of death is universal. I didn't have to understand a single word like Nancy and still understand the sadness that death brings and sympathize because that's the fate that we and our loved ones will all have.

And the reason why death is universal is because sin is universal. O soul, look upon the destructive consequence of sin. Can you keep on sinning like you do...as though there is no price to pay? And to think that this earthly death is only a small glimpse of eternal damnation. And then my wretched soul, look upon the brutal cross and see the sacrifice the perfect Christ paid to so you wouldn't have to suffer forever in Hell... look upon the cross where your bleeding Savior died, alone and hated and tormented for you!

O my soul, fall at the feet of Jesus and see just how short this life is, and see how this life is too short to be consumed by worldly passions and indulgence, and see that your Savior died a horrific death and raised from the dead on the 3rd day not for you to waste your life but to live it....without bondage to sin but in freedom in Him.
Until the whole world hears, Lord, we are crying out...
(Casting Crowns)

No comments:

Post a Comment